Friday, August 28, 2009

Putting the "Beer" back in Root Beer


Ok, so today's subject line is a slight misnomer. The folks over at Art in the Age (of Mechanical Reproduction) are bringing back the alcoholic beverage from which root beer is derived, though it's not actually a beer, but rather, a spirit.



Art in the Age describes Root as having "a lively, burnished rose-gold color,... fairly clean on the palate with strong notes of birch, peppery herbaceousness, spices, citrus and vanilla bean. Very aromatic in the glass and finishes medium dry and exceptionally full-bodied." Intriguing, to be sure... I'll have to try some some day.

Special thanks to the men of Quincy House for bringing this to my attention.

1 comment:

Aaron Linderman said...

For the record, I am definitely a fan of root beer and I am not here ragging on it. A&W isn't bad, but the really good stuff are the craft sodas, like Virgil's Root Beer (http://www.virgils.com/about.shtml). So if I like root beer, and I like spirits, will I like root spirits even more?