Wednesday, May 13, 2009

California Missions: Centers of Community

Admittedly, I've been remiss in my lack of posts. Juggling a job and further graduate studies has been a bit strenous. However, I would like to share with you another extracurricular pursuit. I recently have become very interested in the idea of traveling writing, but with a particular twist.

Instead of writing: (a) travel logs with lots of exciting pictures and tips or (b) a Catholic reflection on how to express piety at a particular site, I've decided to try a different version of Catholic travel writing. I think it is very important for everyone not simply to focus on Catholicism in their travels, but also to see the world in the eyes of a Catholic. We live in a world that has been profoundly affected by Faith and I hope to reflect that in my writing.

If you are interested, please read my first published travel article (also in print) Centers of Community, an article about the integral role of missions in California society.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Congratulations, Caitlin! You're actually published in print. And your idea sounds quite worthwhile.